This is a handy new integration for Capsule users who want an easy solution for linking contact forms on a website to Capsule. Capsule already provides support for building your own website contact forms that integrate with Capsule using HTML. However, the new Wufoo integration provides an easier alternative with no need to get involved with HTML. Wufoo provides drag and drop tools for adding forms to a website along with styling support so that you can match the form to your website style, and validation rules so you can control how the data is captured.
Wufoo provides a range of plans from free (for up to 3 forms) through to paid plans that offer extended options.
Full instructions for enabling the integration between Wufoo and Capsule are provided via the Settings > Integration page of your Capsule account.
- If you don't already have a Wufoo account sign-up for one now at wufoo.com and create a new form.
- Click through to Notification settings for your form in the Wufoo Form Manager.
- Select WebHook from the dropdown in the to Another Application box, then click Add Integration.
- Populate the as a WebHook box that appears with the WebHook details that can be found in your Capsule integration Settings (Settings > Integration > Wufoo)
- Finally, tick the box labeled Include Field and Form Structures with Entry Data and click Save.
Tips for ensuring your form fields are stored into Capsule correctly
Capsule will listen for Wufoo submissions and automatically create a contact by matching the following Wufoo fields:
- The name field in a Wufoo form is stored as the contact's name in Capsule. You have to use the 'Fancy Pants' name field for this to work.
- If you also want to store the organisation's name, add a "Text" field labelled "Company", "Organisation" or "Organization"
- Email, Phone, Web Site and Address fields are stored on the contact in Capsule.
- If you want to add a label for your emails or phone numbers for example such as 'work' or 'home' then you can do that my labelling the field in your Wufoo form like this: 'Work Email' or 'Home Phone' etc.
- Single Line Text & Date fields are stored as custom fields when the label in Wufoo matches the name of a custom field in Capsule.
- All other fields are stored as a note on the contact.